Paying Your Bill
Bills for electric service should be in your mailbox by the middle of each month. If for any reason you do not receive a bill, please call us. Even if you do not receive a bill, you are still responsible for the electricity consumed. Bills are deemed delivered when deposited at the U.S. Post Office with postage. Please keep us informed of your current mailing address.
Bills are due when mailed and become past due 20 days from mailing. When an account becomes 30 days past due, a disconnect letter is sent requesting payment within an additional 10 days and a $20 notice fee is assessed. The meter will be disconnected if payment hasn't been received by the end of those 10 days. If the service is disconnected for nonpayment, a $75 reconnect fee plus usage up to the date of disconnect is added to the bill if it can be connected during regular business hours. If reconnected after hours or on weekends, a $150 after-hours reconnect fee is charged. An advance payment equal to twice the account's highest bill may also be charged if it is not currently on deposit.
Pay in Person
Our office is located at 500 Osloski Road in Eureka. You may pay inside our lobby during regular business hours. We are open 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday thru Friday, excluding National holidays. As an added convenience, both our office and InterBel Telephone Cooperative's office at 300 Dewey Avenue in Eureka have deposit boxes for after-hours payments year-round.
You may also mail in your payment using the self-addressed envelope that comes with your monthly bill.
SmartHub subscribers enjoy the convenience of viewing and paying their bill online. Key features include viewing your usage and payment history, making a payment online, contacting LEC, and receiving important notifications from LEC. You can choose to pay your bill with Visa, MasterCard, Discover Card, American Express or a US checking account. No more stamps, no more writing out checks and there are no extra fees for this service. LEC's SmartHub uses secure technology to protect your transactions.
With SmartHub you can also continue to receive a paper bill in the mail or go green and receive bills via email only.
It's easy to sign up!
- AutoPay from a US checking account - include a voided check along with a completed AutoPay Authorization form.
- AutoPay from a US savings account - include your savings account number and bank routing number. Make sure you note that it is a savings account when requesting this type of draft.
- AutoPay from a US or International credit or debit card - include your credit/debit card number, expiration date, name as it appears on your credit/debit card and the LEC account number(s) you wish to pay via this card.
One Time Payment by Credit Card
To make a one-time payment using a credit card, call LEC at 406-889-3301. A customer service representative will ask you for:
- Your account name and number
- Your credit card number and the exact name as it appears on the account
- The expiration date on the credit card
- A number at which you can be reached in case of any transaction problems