Ground Source Heat Pump
Lincoln Electric Cooperative will pay you a $3000 rebate if you purchase and install a qualifying system from a certified contractor. Only applications eligible for a rebate are in new construction, or the replacement of an existing forced air electric furnace or an existing air source heat pump. If the system is installed in an unconditioned or vented crawlspace, ducts must be insulated and sealed to program specifications by a contractor approved to do duct sealing. (Contractor must have duct sealing checked on Certified Contractor List). Before making a purchase, be sure to review the attached Ground Source Heat Pump Information and Rebate Forms so you are familiar with all program and contractor requirements.
Here's how to qualify for the rebate:
- Complete the homeowner information section of the attached Ground Source Heat Pump Rebate Form and return a copy to LEC to verify you qualify for the program. Save the original signed form and give to your installer to complete once installation is done. All systems must be pre-approved by LEC.
- After application is pre-approved, purchase a qualifying model from a contractor on our Certified Contractor List.
- Install it in a new home, or replace an existing forced air electric furnace or existing air source heat pump in our service area.
- Have your contractor complete the remainder of the Ground Source Heat Pump rebate form and submit it to LEC with all the required documentation.
- Attach a copy of the invoice listing the manufacturer (brand name).
- LEC may come and inspect the completed installation.
- Your rebate check, made out according to the rebate form, will be mailed within four weeks.