Right-of-Way Contract Bid Packages
Applications due by 4:00 PM on Wednesday, March 15, 2017
Lincoln Electric Cooperative, Inc. is inviting proposals from power line clearing contractors interested in clearing trees and brush from approximately 300 miles of existing cooperative right-of-ways over a five year contract. Contractors interested in bidding must submit:
- A project proposal
- Proof of a MT Contractor's license
- The contractor's qualifications to bid on this project
In order to be eligible for award of contract, the contractor must have two qualified line clearance tree trimmers, one of which may be a trainee. Tree Trimming Certificates must be provided by the Contractor upon award of the bid.
Completed qualification forms and required documents must be hand delivered to cooperative headquarters at 312 Osloski Road, Eureka, MT or mailed to Lincoln Electric Cooperative at PO Box 628, Eureka, MT 59917. No electronic bids will be accepted.
Applications must be received in the office prior to 4:00 PM Friday, March 15, 2017.
For more information or to obtain a packet you may contact Stan Williams, Operations Superintendent or Mandy White, E&O Secretary at (406) 889-3301.
Luck of the Draw Scholarships
Applications due by 4:30 pm on Wednesday, March 15, 2017
LEC will again be awarding $1,000 Luck of the Draw scholarships at our Annual Meeting on Saturday, March 25, 2017. The winners are randomly drawn from all eligible applicants. This is a unique approach as it gives all eligible applicants an equal chance of winning.
To be eligible:
- The student or their parent/guardian must be an active member of LEC currently receiving electric service.
- The student must fill out an application (found below, at the LEC office, or from their school counselor).
- The application must be signed by the student, the applicable LEC member, AND the LEC member attending the Annual Meeting* if the student and their parent/guardian are both unable to attend.
- The student or an LEC member* must attend and register for LEC's Annual meeting on Saturday, March 25, 2017, sign-in at the Luck of the Draw registration table prior to 9:15 am, and be present for the drawings.
- The student must be enrolled, or planning to enroll, full-time in a non-graduate course of study at an accredited two-year, four-year, trade, or vocational institution for the upcoming 2017 fall term.
- The student must be working on their first undergraduate degree or certification.
- Completed applications must be received by LEC no later than 4:30 pm on Wednesday, March 15, 2017.
*Due to spring break, the LEC member attending the Annual Meeting may be an immediate family member of the student (grandparent, aunt, uncle or sibling) PROVIDED they are an active member of LEC currently receiving electric service.
This scholarship program is not funded directly through electric rates, nor will it affect rates directly. LEC's scholarship funds come from unclaimed capital credit money that has been placed in an account and is earning interest. Every effort is made to notify members of unclaimed capital credits before placing the money in the account.