Luck of the Draw
Luck of the Draw scholarship are available for 2024! Students who have won in the past are welcome to apply again as long as they continue to meet all eligibility requirements. Scholarship winners will be drawn at random from all eligible applicants at Lincoln Electric’s Annual Meeting on Saturday, April 20, 2024. This is a unique approach as it gives all eligible applicants an equal chance of winning.
Application Deadline - monday, april 8, 2024
- The student or their parent/legal guardian must be an active member of LEC currently receiving electric service.
- The student must complete the application found below by Monday, April 8, 2024.
- The student and/or applicable LEC member parent/legal guardian must attend and register for LEC’s Annual Meeting and at the Luck of the Draw table on Saturday, April 20, 2024, prior to 9:15 a.m. and be present for the drawing.
- The student must be enrolled, or planning to enroll, full-time in a non-graduate course of study at an accredited two-year, four-year, trade, or vocation institution for the Summer or Fall 2024 term.
- The student must be working on their first undergraduate degree or certificate.
LEC has awarded over $154,000 in Luck of the Draw scholarships to our members and/or their dependents since 2010. The Luck of the Draw scholarship program is not funded directly through electric rates, nor will it affect rates. LEC’s scholarship funds come from unclaimed capital credit money that has been placed in an account earning interest. Every effort is made to notify members of unclaimed capital credits before placing the money in the account.