The Board of Trustees of Lincoln Electric Cooperative is seeking a General Manager. The ideal candidate must have strong management experience with exceptional leadership skills. They must be accountable to the membership, transparent with the board, and community focused. They should also have a strong understanding of co-op financials and power supply.
The General Manager is responsible to the Board of Trustees for the day-to-day management, administration, operation, coordination, and control of all essential functions of the cooperative. Has full and complete functional authority to carry out the responsibilities assigned to this position making all decisions necessary within the limits of the Board policies, strategic plan and objectives. Has functional authority in all areas of assigned responsibility to take action and to implement changes provided the action does not deviate from established Board policies and objectives. This position will also manage LEC’s subsidiary propane company, Rural Propane Services.
Qualified candidates must have:
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in business, engineering, accounting, or other related discipline is required. A portion of the experience requirement may be substituted for a part of the education requirement.
- Ten years’ experience in progressively responsible positions, with a minimum of five years supervisory experience at the senior management level.
- Background in electric cooperatives or the electric utility industry is desirable.
Lincoln Electric Cooperative, Inc. is a non-profit distribution electric cooperative headquartered in Eureka, Montana. Our 25 employees provide service to over 5,200 members with more than 6,500 meters on 1,013 miles of power line in portions of Lincoln and Flathead Counties. Lincoln Electric is provided wholesale power from Bonneville Power Administration via a purchasing agreement through membership in PNGC Power.
About the area
Eureka is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise. With thousands of forested public lands, hundreds of miles of maintained trails, and dozens of lakes, recreation abounds. Minutes away from downtown is Lake Koocanusa, a reservoir formed by the Libby Dam featuring 66-miles of shoreline in the United States.
Lincoln Electric Cooperative offers competitive salary and generous benefits package including:
- Retirement Security Plan and 401(k) Pension Plan through NRECA;
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for employee and their family;
- HSA and HRA with contributions by the cooperative;
- Life, dependent life, and Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance;
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability; and
- Annual wellness incentive.
Interested candidates should email a resume to email@example.com no later than March 15, 2024