Luck of the Draw Scholarships
THE DEADLINE FOR 2020 APPLICATIONS HAS PASSED
Please continue to check here, Rural Montana, and Facebook (@lincolnelectriccooperative) for 2021 Luck of the Draw scholarship information.
Due to the Annual Meeting postponement, scholarship winners were drawn in June so students could better plan for their education funding. Congratulations to the following winners!
$1,000 Winners - Jarrit Persson, Jakeb Kindel, Madeline Richards-Schlarman, Rebecca Clements, Briah Thayer, Garrett Graves, Bailey Bishop, McKenna Johnson, Michelle Leonard, Hank Dunn.
$2,000 Winner - Logan Mepham.
$5,000 Winner - Cory Chaney.
One (1) $5,000, one (1) $2,000, and ten (10) $1,000 scholarships were available for 2020! Scholarship winners are drawn at random from all eligible applicants. This is a unique approach as it gives all eligible applicants an equal chance of winning.
To be eligible:
- The student or their parent/legal guardian must be an active member of LEC currently receiving electric service.
- Completed applications are due by Monday, March 23, 2020.
- The student and/or applicable LEC member must attend and register for LEC's Annual Meeting on A TO BE DETERMINED DATE, sign-in at the Luck of the Draw table prior to 9:15 a.m., and be present for the drawing.
- The student must be enrolled, or planning to enroll, full-time in a non-graduate course of study at an accredited two-year, four-year, trade, or vocation institution for the upcoming Summer or Fall 2020 term.
- The student must be working on their first undergraduate degree or certification.
LEC has awarded over $116,000 in Luck of the Draw scholarships to our members and/or their dependents since 2010. The Luck of the Draw scholarship program is not funded directly through electric rates, not will it affect rates. LEC's scholarship funds come from unclaimed capital credit money that has been placed in an account and is earning interest. Every effort is made to notify members of unclaimed capital credits before placing the money in the account.