Luck of the Draw Scholarships
APPLICATION DEADLINE HAS PASSED FOR 2021 SCHOLARSHIPS
PLEASE BE ON THE LOOKOUT FOR FUTURE OPPORTUNITIES
Luck of the Draw scholarships will be awarded in 2021! Students who have won in the past are welcome to apply again as long as they continue to meet all eligibility requirements. Scholarship winners will be drawn at random from all eligible applicants at Lincoln Electric's Annual Meeting on Saturday, April 10, 2021. This is a unique approach as it gives all eligible applicants an equal chance of winning.
To be eligible:
- The student or their parent/legal guardian must be an active member of LEC currently receiving electric service.
- Completed applications are due by Monday, March 29, 2021.
- The student and/or applicable LEC member must attend and register for LEC's Annual Meeting on Saturday, April 10, 2021, prior to 9:15 a.m., and be present for the drawing.
- The student must be enrolled, or planning to enroll, full-time in a non-graduate course of study at an accredited two-year, four-year, trade, or vocation institution for the upcoming Summer or Fall 2021 term.
- The student must be working on their first undergraduate degree or certification.
LEC has awarded over $116,000 in Luck of the Draw scholarships to our members and/or their dependents since 2010. The Luck of the Draw scholarship program is not funded directly through electric rates, not will it affect rates. LEC's scholarship funds come from unclaimed capital credit money that has been placed in an account and is earning interest. Every effort is made to notify members of unclaimed capital credits before placing the money in the account.