Luck of the Draw Scholarships
THE DEADLINE FOR 2020 APPLICATIONS HAS PASSED
DRAWING WILL BE HELD AT THE 2020 ANNUAL MEETING. IT HAS CURRENTLY BEEN POSTPONED WITH A NEW DATE TO BE DETERMINED AS GUIDELINES ALLOW.
If you have applied for the Luck of the Draw Scholarship program for 2020, you will receive an email when a new Annual Meeting date has been set. The member will also receive an official Notice of Annual Meeting between 10 to 25 days prior to the meeting date. Please continue to check our website and Facebook (@LincolnElectricCooperative) for updates.
One (1) $5,000, one (1) $2,000, and ten (10) $1,000 scholarships are available for 2020! Scholarship winners will be drawn at random from all eligible applicants at Lincoln Electric's Annual Meeting on A TO BE DETERMINED DATE. This is a unique approach as it gives all eligible applicants an equal chance of winning.
To be eligible:
- The student or their parent/legal guardian must be an active member of LEC currently receiving electric service.
- Completed applications are due by Monday, March 23, 2020.
- The student and/or applicable LEC member must attend and register for LEC's Annual Meeting on A TO BE DETERMINED DATE, sign-in at the Luck of the Draw table prior to 9:15 a.m., and be present for the drawing.
- The student must be enrolled, or planning to enroll, full-time in a non-graduate course of study at an accredited two-year, four-year, trade, or vocation institution for the upcoming Summer or Fall 2020 term.
- The student must be working on their first undergraduate degree or certification.
LEC has awarded over $99,000 in Luck of the Draw scholarships to our members and/or their dependents since 2010. The Luck of the Draw scholarship program is not funded directly through electric rates, not will it affect rates. LEC's scholarship funds come from unclaimed capital credit money that has been placed in an account and is earning interest. Every effort is made to notify members of unclaimed capital credits before placing the money in the account.